If you happen to be reading this and would like to be a part, there are a couple of things you can do.
1) make a donation. Write a check to "Jubilee!" and send to Jubilee!, 46 Wall Street, Asheville, NC 28801. Write "Laurey Bikes" in the memo line.
2) have a fundraiser. Many folks are doing this. Bake sales. local events. I'm happy to come talk to groups is you have a group. Just let me know.
3) plan to ride with me to Washington, DC in September 2009. We'll leave from Asheville and will ride to Washington. The timing will coincide with Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month and will (we hope) conclude on Capitol Hill or (WILD DREAM) at the White House. We'll need help planning this one so give a shout if you'd like to be a part. Ride. Escort. Plan. Support.
4) spread the word about the early warning signs.
- Pelvic or abdominal pain
- Difficulty eating or feeling full quickly
- Urinary symptoms (urgency or frequency)
Live. Love. Bike!