Friday, February 6, 2009

Sara Moulton

Whewf!

I went to Washington, DC earlier this week and got to speak to an audience of 300 folks about the big bike ride. The event was a fundraiser for the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance and all the food was provided by my colleagues at Women Chefs and Restaurateurs. Fu-UN!

I had 2 minutes on the program - just enough to give the cliff notes version of my project. I got to set up my bike in a corner of the ballroom, though, and was able to talk to a whole BUNCH of people as they waited in line for some hors d'oeuvres that were being cooked. (That took the edge off, since I then had many familiar faces to see when I looked out over the audience.)

Before the program started, I got a few minutes with Sara Moulton. she's the food editor for Gourmet Magazine and also is on Good Morning America. AND she's the first woman to have had her own show on the Food Network.

Here's that interview:



I hope this works!!!

Thanks for listening, being part of this team, and for trusting that I can do this thing. One month from today I ride!

(Oh, if you would like to donate, THANKS! Write a check to "Jubilee," with "Laurey Bikes" in the memo line. send it to Jubilee, 46 Wall Street, Asheville, NC 28801)

By the way, Jubilee is a church and by making a donation to this ride through them, you will get a note indicating that this is a charitable donation. Once all the money is collected I will send the donation to the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance (mostly) and to Women Chefs and Restaurateurs (a small amount.)

Ciao,
Laurey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laurey
Last year at this time I was getting ready to go to San Diego to do the S.T. trip. I will be following your blog with great memories..... I too did it as a fundraiser (bike4cancer) It looks like your totally ready, with the fundraiser and the bike trip. Good luck and have a blast.

Arda Tole

Nancy said...

Hi Laurey,
Great to see you in Asheville. We enjoyed the food from your restaurant before the concert at Grove Park. About this time two years ago I was beginning to get butterflies about the XC trip, wondering if I had the right clothes and equipment. I learned that less is better.
I will be eagerly following your journey.
Happy trails,
Nancy